Founded in 1981, Trust International B.V is a company specialized in the manufacturing of IT accessories with its headquarters in Dordrecht, The Netherlands. The Trust products are oriented towards the budget segment of the market.
The Dutch company was initially founded under the name Aashima Technology B.V, but during the 90’ it became Trust International B.V. At this moment, the company has expanded in 19 countries from Europe while the Trust products are present in more than 44 countries.
Official product link:
Packaging and accessories
The headsets are packaged in a multicolored cardboard box with red accents.
The front side presents the headphones using an overview image, the background consists of an abstract two-color image. In the middle, there is the name of the headsets while at the bottom there are listed some of the features of the product.
On the sides of the box there are printed the name of the headsets and the GXT series emblem.
On the back side of the box the features of the product are presented in 6 languages. On the right are representative images of the components of the headphones.
The product comes with the following accessories:
– 1x User Manual
– 1x GXT Sticker
Model: GXT 353 Verus
Colors: Black & Red
Driver Unit: 40mm active
Impedance: 32 Ω at 1 kHz
Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz
Connection: USB 2.0
Cable length: 3m
Frequency response: 100 – 6.5 kHz
Signal-to-noise ratio: > 60 dB
Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 120 dB
Pick-up pattern: omnidirectional
Weight: 375 g
– Integrated control possibilities: All controls of the GXT 353 are conveniently integrated in the ear pad. Easily adjust the volume with just a click of a button or quickly mute the microphone when you need some privacy. You can also turn the vibration function of the headset on or off whenever you like.
– Illuminated sides: Both sides of the headset and the microphone can be illuminated with built in LEDs and look great in the dark or combined with the rest of your illuminated gaming gear.
– 40mm active bass vibration speaker units: With the powerful 40mm active bass vibration speakers, you can hear every single in-game detail clearly, putting you right in the middle of the action. You will hear your opponent approaching and bullets flying around. The vibration drivers give an extra powerful deep bass effect.
The Trust GXT 353 Verus has a unique design, with irregular insertions while the headband is consolidated by two metallic beams. The exterior of the cups is made out of plastic with a textured surface, in addition, the sides feature LED illumination.
On the sides, the headsets have an angular design, the ear-cups are covered by a metallic mesh that is framed by a chromed circle. Over them the outer case is mounted, in the middle the GXT series emblem is applied.
The GXT 353 Verus model features 40mm speakers with an impedance of 32Ω at 1 kHz.
The controls of the headsets are placed on the left ear-cup, these include: a volume control knob, the on and off switch for the microphone and the button for the vibration and bass function.
The headband is covered in synthetic leather, on the top side the name of the GXT line is engraved while on the inferior side the leather is red with the GXT logo in the middle. The headband is supported by two metallic beams, these are attached to the sides of the headsets.
The microphone is flexible, it is mounted on the left side of the headsets. While in use, the end is illuminated in red.
The headsets use a 3m long cable with a gold-plated USB 2.0 connector. The cable is not covered by sleeving.
The headsets have a good build quality and construction surpassing some products that are placed in a higher price market. The headband is flexible and is self-adjusting on height.
The ear cups of the headsets are covered in synthetic leather, unfortunately the speakers are covered by a synthetic textile surface.
When in use, the sides of the ear-cups are illuminated by red LEDs, in addition, throughout the use the light pulses.
The following songs have been used to test the headsets:
– The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Soundtrack
– Daft Punk – Give Life Back to Music
– Daft Punk Feat Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
– Daft Punk Feat Panda Bear – Doin’ It Right
– Lorde – Tennis Court (Flume Remix)
– Desire – Under Your Spell
– LORD FUNK – REVERIE
– Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx – Nightcall
– Gramatik – No Way Out
– Gramatik – Break Loose
– Glass Animals – Toes
– Alice Cooper – I’m Eighteen
– Dan Croll – From Nowhere
– T-Rex – Get It On
– Jimi Hendrix – Foxy Lady
– Jimi Hendrix – Purple Haze
– Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son
The performance of the headsets is good, both the medium and high frequencies are played with detail. Without the bass and vibration feature, the low-end frequencies are not strong, but once activated, the vibration compensates for the lack of bass.
From the point of view of ergonomics, the earphones are comfortable even after prolonged use, due to the metal construction and internal components, the headsets can be categorized as medium weight, weighing 375g. This does not affect the user experience.
For the future, I would suggest replacing the fixed microphone with a retractable one because it may inconvenience while also the textile fabric covering the speakers must be replaced, after some time of use, it can become uncomfortable.