Founded in 2002, Optoma is a multinational company which produces audio and video systems, being specialized in projectors, professional audio-video solutions, laser projectors, both LED and DLP. Optoma has headquarters in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and China, also Optoma is part of the Coretronic group.
NuForce is a company specialized in Hi-Fi audio products such as headsets, DACs and amps, that was founded in 2005, with its headquarters in Milpitas, California. In 2014, NuForce was aqquired by Optoma, becoming the brand NuForce Optoma.
Official product link:
Packaging and accessories
The earphones are packaged in a white cardboard box.
The front side of the box presents the earphones using a general image of them. On the lower side, there is the name of the product and the logo of the manufacturer.
On the sides there is a diagram representing the contents of the package.
On the backside there is printed an artistic photo of the different variants of the earphones, lower there are presented the features of the product.
The product comes with the following accessories:
– 1x Manual
– 1x carrying pouch
– 1x Cable management clip
– 2x SpinFit TwinBlade tips
– 6x pairs of ear tips (Small/Medium/Large)
– 6x Pairs of Stabilizers (Large & Medium size)
– 1x Micro-USB Charging cable
Model: BE Sport3
Colors: Rose gold, gunmetal grey
Driver type: Dynamic
Speaker size: 6mm
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
Maximum sampling rate: 44.1/16
Sensitivity: 102dB +/-3dB at 1kHz
Impedance: 16 Ohm
Connector type: Wireless
Connections input: Bluetooth v4.1
Volume control: Inline remote
Inline remote functions: Sync, play, pause, mute, prev. track, next track, answer, hang up, activate/de activate voice prompts
Battery life: Up to 10 hours
Operating range: 10m (30ft.)
– Non-stop music and calls: The BE Sport3 can survive even the most intense training session with an impressive ten-hour battery life – ideal for audio on the move.
– Wireless freedom: Free your workout from cables with advanced Bluetooth® technology offering both aptX® and AAC compatibility. This means easy connection to your smartphone and distortion-free listening at any volume.
– Lightweight, portable design: Crafted from metal and polycarbonate, the BE Sport3 are tough and lightweight so you’ll be able to power through any workout.
– Revolutionary SpinFit TwinBlade® ear tips: The newly patented ear tips are developed from high quality silicone. They are uniquely designed to keep the earbuds securely in place during strenuous activity.
– Maximum comfort and perfect fit: For optimal fit and comfort when you exercise, the BE Sport3 feature an angled design and include a wrap-around neckband, cable management clip, and multiple sets of ear tips and wings.
The BE Sport 3 model is available in two colors: “Rose gold” and “gunmetal grey”. The design of the earbuds is oriented towards sport activities and ergonomics. Due to the use of lightweight materials such as metal and poly-carbonate, the earbuds weight approximately 15g.
The name and logo of the manufacturer are placed on the rear side of the earbuds.
The earbuds use silicon made ear-tips and come accompanied by six different size pairs of ear-tips. Also in the bundle, there is included a pair of ear-tips that feature a NuForce proprietary design called SpinFit TwinBlade.
The end of the earbuds is magnetic, this way they are easy to hold when they are being transported or carried.
With the BE Sport 3 model, NuForce implemented 6mm drivers, which have an impedance of 16Ω at 1 kHz.
The earphones are connected using a short cable, where the remote for the earbuds is mounted, as well as the Bluetooth reciever.
The build quality is very good, the main materials being metal and poly-carbonate. The main case is made out of metal and features IP55 certification against dust, rain and sweat, among other things.
The main functions of the earphones are placed on the inline remote. This remote includes all the functions of the earphones such as the synchronization with the smartphone and all the media functions (play, pause, mute, prev. track, next track). In addition, on the left side of the remote there is a status LED.
The charging is done through the side mounted Micro USB port. The port itself is covered by a rubber cap to protect the electronics inside.
The following songs have been used to test the headsets:
– The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Soundtrack
– Daft Punk – Give Life Back to Music
– Daft Punk Feat Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
– Daft Punk Feat Panda Bear – Doin’ It Right
– Lorde – Tennis Court (Flume Remix)
– Desire – Under Your Spell
– Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx – Nightcall
– Gramatik – No Way Out
– Gramatik – Break Loose
– Glass Animals – Toes
– Alice Cooper – I’m Eighteen
– Dan Croll – From Nowhere
– T-Rex – Get It On
– Jimi Hendrix – Foxy Lady
– Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son
The NuForce Be Sport3 earphones are meant for normal use or in sport activities, they are resistant to dust and moisture, these being IP55 certificated. The Ergonomics are mainly due to the shape of the headphones and the structure of the SpinFit TwinBlade silicone tips.
The main feature of these headphones is the sound isolation and the balanced sound offered throughout the use. In addition, the performance of the headsets is not affected by the charge level of the battery.
The sound is balanced, the bass does not cover the mid frequencies, while the sound remains clear even at higher volume levels. The headphones have been tested with different styles of music and audio formats, ranging from the already classic mp3 to Flac.
The battery autonomy of the headphones is approximately 9 hours of continuous use, while the charging of it from flat to maximum requires approximately 2 hours.