Founded in 2002, Optoma is a multinational company which produces audio and video systems, being specialized in projectors, professional audio-video solutions, laser projectors, both LED and DLP. Optoma has headquarters in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and China, also Optoma is part of the Coretronic group.
NuForce is a company specialized in Hi-Fi audio products such as headsets, DACs and amps, that was founded in 2005, with its headquarters in Milpitas, California. In 2014, NuForce was aqquired by Optoma, becoming the brand NuForce Optoma.
Official product link:
Packaging and accessories
The earphones are packaged in a white cardboard box.
On the front side of the box there is printed a general image of the earphones, on the upper part there are placed both the name and logo of Nuforce while on the lower part there are listed a few of the product’s features.
On the backside there is an artistic photo of the speakers printed, lower there are listed the features of the product in multiple languages.
The product comes with the following accessories:
– 1x Manual
– 4 x pairs proprietary NuForce silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L)
– 2 x pairs Comply foam ear tips (M, L)
– 1 x pair ear wings
– 1 x USB charging cable (USB A-USB micro)
– 1 x carry case
– 1 x cable management clip
– Basic user’s guide, Safety booklet
Colors: Grey and Gold
Driver type: Dynamic
Speaker size: 10mm
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
Sensitivity: 95dB +/-3dB at 1KHz
Impedance: 20 Ohm
Connector type: Wireless
Connections input: Bluetooth V4.1+EDR Compliant
Volume control: Inline remote
Inline remote functions: Multi-functional, phone, transport, volume, pairing, voice prompts activation
Battery life: Up to 10 hours
Operating range: 30 metres (98 feet)
– IPX5 water-resistant: With a rating of IPX5, the BE6i in-ear headphones are weather resistant, ensuring protection from rain and sweat – making them ideal for any active lifestyle.
– Newly developed and patented 10mm driver: This large driver eliminates unwanted reverberations for distortion-free sound even at high volume levels.
– Elegant styling: Available in grey and gold, the BE6i in-ear headphones are matched with Apple and other leading smart devices.
– Comfortable fit: Comply™ soft foam ear tips – two sets of heat activated memory foam ear tips are included. They expand to fit the ear canal for a secure fit and improved noise isolation. Replacement Comply tips are available for purchase online. Users should look for the Comply 500 series variants.
– Freedom to move: For ultimate comfort and a secure fit during outdoor activities or sports, a wrap-around neckband, clip and silicone ear wings are included with the BE6i. Bluetooth® means you won’t need to worry about wires getting in the way as you move.
The BE6i earphones use all aluminum construction for the outer case, the only elements made out of rubber are the cable coating and holder of the remote. In addition, the earphones are both water and dust proof, being IPX5 rated.
Like in the case of the BE Sport3 model, the logo of NuForce is engraved on the rear side of the earbuds.
The BE61 model uses two 10mm dynamic speakers, these have an impedance of 20 Ohm.
The end of the earbuds is magnetic, in addition, while the surface is flat, thus ensuring a better mount for the magnets when the earphones are not in use or during shipping.
The earbuds use silicon & foam ear-tips and come accompanied by six different pairs of ear-tips. Also in the bundle, there is included a pair of ear-tips that feature a NuForce proprietary design called SpinFit TwinBlade.
The earphones are connected using a short cable with a length of a approximately 58cm, where the remote for the earbuds is mounted, as well as the Bluetooth reciever.
Due to the used materials, the build of the BE6i model is good and the earbuds have a weight of 20g. The main materials used in the construction of the earbuds are aluminum for the case and rubber for the cable and outer coating.
All the functions of the earphones are accessed through the inline remote mounted on the cable. The available functions are: play, pause, mute, prev. track, next track and the commands for smartphone connection & synchronization and the on/off toggle for the earbuds themselves.
The charging is done through the side mounted Micro USB port. The port itself is covered by a rubber cap to protect the electronics inside.
The following songs have been used to test the headsets:
– The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Soundtrack
– Daft Punk – Give Life Back to Music
– Daft Punk Feat Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
– Daft Punk Feat Panda Bear – Doin’ It Right
– Lorde – Tennis Court (Flume Remix)
– Desire – Under Your Spell
– Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx – Nightcall
– Parov Stelar – The Ride
– Parov Stelar – Everything Of My Heart
– Glass Animals – Toes
– Alice Cooper – I’m Eighteen
– Dan Croll – From Nowhere
– T-Rex – Get It On
– Jimi Hendrix – Foxy Lady
– Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son
The two 10mm dynamic speakers offer a powerful bass that does not cover the rest of the frequencies. The earphones offer a balanced sound, with the mid-range and low frequencies being played with in depth details, while the bass itself is strong enough.
The headphones have been tested with different styles of music and audio formats, ranging from the already classic mp3 to Flac. The signal range is good, it covers a distance of 25m. The sound isolation is acceptable, being enough to highlight the music.
The battery autonomy is approximately 8 hours of continue use while the charging takes around one hour.
In conclusion, the NuForce BE6i offers good sound quality and an 8-hour autonomy with an operating distance of up to 25m. Also, the IPX5 certification that ensures protection from dust and water is especially welcome for outdoor activities.