Noctua is a company specialized in designing and producing of high end coolers and fans for PC type systems. The company was founded in 2005 by Rascom Computerdistribution and Taiwanese company Kolink International. Today Noctua is present in more than 30 countries, being one of the most known manufacturers of cooling solutions.
Official product link:
Packaging and accessories
The fan is packaged in a two-tone cardboard box with a frontal opening. The front side features only the Redux series name and the model of the fan.
The back of the packaging features only the specifications of the fan alongside a QR code that links to the Noctua website.
The product comes with the following accessories:
– 1x Manual
– 4x Fan screws
Model: NF-P14s Redux 1500 PWM
Size: 140x140x25 mm
Bearing: SSO (self-stabilising oil-pressure)
Number of blades: 9
Rated Voltage: 12 V
Max Input Power: 2,4 W
Max. Input Current: 0,2 A
Min. Rotational Speed: 450 RPM
Rotational Speed (+/- 10%): 1500 RPM
Static Pressure: 1,91 mm H₂O
Airflow: 133,7 m³/h
Acoustical Noise: 25,8 dB(A)
Lifetime MTBF: > 150.000 h
Connector: 4-Pin PWM
Warranty: 6 years
– Proven NF-P14 design: Tens of thousands of quiet cooling enthusiasts around the globe swear by Noctua’s classic NF-P14. Thanks to its impressive quietness, excellent performance and impeccable quality, the NF-P14 has become an established reference for quiet 140mm fans.
– Streamlined redux edition: The redux product line reissues some of Noctua’s most popular, award-winning models by presenting them in streamlined, accessibly priced packages. All redux edition products are industry proven, time-tested models that helped to found Noctua’s reputation as a first-tier supplier of premium grade low noise cooling equipment.
– Pressure-optimised Nine-Blade Design: Specifically developed for high-impedance applications such as CPU coolers, water-cooling radiators or cases with tight fan grills, the NF-P14’s nine-blade impeller provides outstanding pressure and airflow performance.
– SSO-Bearing: Combining the proven concept of hydrodynamic bearings with an additional magnet that supports the self-stabilisation of the rotor axis, Noctua’s time-tested SSO-Bearing technology has become synonymous with supremely quiet operation and exceptional long-term stability.
– 6-year manufacturer’s warranty: Noctua fans are renowned for their impeccable quality and outstanding longevity. Like all Noctua fans, the redux edition models feature an MTTF rating of more than 150.000 hours and come with a full 6-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The NF-P14s Redux 1500 PWM si part of the Redux series, offering just the fan and four metallic screws, this series is meant for the consumers that demand only the fan and its performance with a different color scheme. The overall shape of the NF-P14s Redux is identical with that of the original NF-P14, having 9 blades and a SSO-Bearing.
The 9 wide blades of the fan have a Pressure-optimised edge design meant for restrictive enclosures such as radiators or CPU heatsinks. These notches help reduce the air turbulences within the fan’s frame, reducing the overall sound generated.
The fan uses the first generation of the self-stabilizing oil-pressure bearing or SSO-Bearing. This bearing features hydrodynamic bearings with a self-stabilization design for the rotor.
The back of the fan features 4 straight beams that maintain the rigidity of the hub. The label that covers the back of the motor features the full model name of the fan alongside the Noctua logo.
The NF-P14s Redux uses a 4-Pin Molex connector just like most PWM capable fans, the cable is sleeved until the end.
The following system was used to test the fans:
– Processor: Intel i5 4690K @ 3.9GHz
– Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK
– RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
– GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founder Edition
– SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
– HDD: Blue 1TB
– CPU Cooler: SilverStone Tundra TD02-E
– Thermal compound: Arctic MX-4
– Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
The 120mm fans has been tested using a 240mm CPU liquid cooler, the SilverStone TD02-E at max. RPM.
The 140mm fans has been tested using a 280mm CPU liquid cooler, the NZXT Kraken X61 at max. RPM.
CPU Temp. – 140mm fans
The noise level was measured at three different distances from the fans (10cm, 20cm, 30cm.) the noise was measured with a margin of error of ± 5 db.
Noctua’s NF-P14s Redux 1500 PWM part of the minimalist range of fans from the manufacturer is one of the examples that good fans can be offered in different bundles for different usage needs at different price points.
The performance of the NF-P14s Redux is good and the fan can be successfully on a heatsink and radiator, due to its high static pressure and airflow.
In conclusion, the Redux NF-P14s is a great fan offered at a lower price in a different color scheme, even though the Redux fans are meant for budget systems, the same performance features are still present, such as the PWM function that allows the fan to be controlled automatically by the motherboard.
The airflow and static pressure values are good, the evidence standing in the good CPU temperature displayed in the testing section. The sound generated by the NF-P14s Redux peaks at 37db at the maximum speed of 1500RPM, making this fan a good overall choice for anyone looking for the Noctua performance and a different look.