Func is a peripheral manufacturing company founded in 1999 in California. The main goal of the company is to create computer gear designed for gamers, by gamers. Fantastic equipment made with the sole purpose of enhancing the experience of playing a great game, rather than diminishing it. Func launched on the IT market with their first product, the double-sided Func sUrface 1030 Mouse pad that had a great success.
Official product link:
Packaging and accessories
The Funct HS-260 model comes packaged in a white box with orange accents.
On the front side, we find an image of the product, on the upper side we find printed the name of the product and of the manufacturer alongside their logo & slogan.
On the sides of the box, we find the logo & slogan of the manufacturer with the name of the product.
On the backside of the box, we find a general presentation of the product and its features.
The product comes with the following accessories:
– 1x HS-260 Gaming Headset
– 1x Manual
– 1x Microphone
– 1x Cable
– 2x Extra leather ear pad cushions
– 1x Registration card
Name: Func HS 260
Driver Unit: 50mm, tuned and paired
Impedance: 32 Ω
Frequency response: 20-20 000 Hz
Acoustic construction: Closed
Ear Coupling: Circumaural
Cable length: 3m
Connection: 2 x 3.5mm
– 50mm driver: A larger driver tends to deliver a more powerful sound, which in turn delivers deeper bass reproduction. The sound image also benefits from greater resolution in terms of audio clarity, which means that you will be able to hear and distinguish a much more detailed sound image.
– Intuitive control interface integration: The HS-260 has been designed to integrate the sound and volume controls intuitively on the headset itself. When these controls are found on an in-line control on the headphone cord, it tends to get stuck on your table, chair or wrapped up in your clothes.
– Optimized sound image: The drivers have been carefully tuned to deliver a well-balanced sound image. This will allow you to achieve a distinguished speech as well as a full performance audio experience during gaming sessions.
– Detachable cord & microphone solution: The HS-260 includes an intelligently designed, detachable cord solution to eliminate cable breaks and avoid tangled cables.
– Interchangeable connectors: The microphone and audio cable can be connected on either side of the headphones as they are removable and will work in both positions.
– Two sets of ear cushions: Changeable ear cushions, comes with a one set of velour and one set of leather cushions.
The HS-260 model has a minimalistic design characteristic of Func products; this model uses a black-grey color scheme, the black parts having a rubberized texture.
The logo of the manufacturer is placed on the sides of the headsets and inside the ear pads.
One feature of this model is modularity of the microphone and cable, being able to be mounted on both sides of the headsets. Also the volume switch is placed on the left side of the headsets, being oriented at the back of the user.
The HS-260 model uses a textile braided cable which maintains the Func black-orange color scheme, also the cable measures 3m in length and uses two 3.5mm Jack connectors.
The headband is flexible and tear resistant. The lower side is covered in soft leather for an increased comfort.
The microphone is flexible; the ON/OFF switch is located at the base of the microphone.
The headsets have a solid structure, using high quality materials in its construction. The headband is flexible and height adjustable, however the height levels are not indicated.
The HS-260 model uses 50mm drivers with an Impedance of 32 Ohm.
After a few weeks of regular use, I can say that the performance of the HS-260 model in on par with headsets from the high end range. In terms of ergonomics, the leather cushions fit very well offering good sound insulation, while the velour cushions lose on the sound insulation but gain on the breathable material.
The bass is deep and does not cover the midrange frequencies. In addition, the high range is clear without distortions.
The following songs have been used to test the headsets:
– Ludovico Einaudi – Experience
– Gramatik – No Way Out
– Gramatik – Break Loose
– Daft Punk – Give Life Back to Music
– Daft Punk Feat Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
– Daft Punk Feat Panda Bear – Doin’ It Right
– Glass Animals – Toes
– Alice Cooper – I’m Eighteen
– Lorde – Tennis Court (Flume Remix)
– Desire – Under Your Spell
– Dan Croll – From Nowhere
– T-Rex – Get It On
– Jimi Hendrix – Foxy Lady
– Jimi Hendrix – Purple Haze
– Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son
The microphone performance is very good, the sound is clear without distortions and the background noise canceling is more than acceptable.
The HS-260 model stands out through its unique look and the modular cable & microphone system. In addition, the headsets are very comfortable, at first, the padding of the headband will be a bit stiff but after a few hours of use, it will give and soften.
The inclusion of two sets of cushions (leather and velour) adds value to the headsets; also, the placement of the volume switch is very good, being easy accessible.
The microphone of the HS-260 is very good, offering clear sound while have a more than acceptable noise canceling.
Update: I have been using the headsets for more than a year with the leather cushions and I can say that they perform the same as when I first got them. The bass is still pressent and the cable and audio jacks are in perfect shape. The only thing to be mentioned is that the rubber coating will get fingerprints.